George Kawaguchi’s The Big 4 – The Big 4 released by Three Blind Mice. Album recorded May 17, 1975 and it was DSD mastering from the original analogue master tapes. Japan’s legendary drummer steps out here with a killer combo – definitely a “big 4”, given that the group features excellent tenor work from Hidehiko “Sleepy” Matsumoto, plus Fender Rhodes and acoustic piano from Hideo Ichikawa! Kawaguchi’s famous sense of swing really gets the whole thing going – that big, round approach to the drums that was somewhere in a space between Art Blakey and Buddy Rich – and which was definitely hitting some of its hipper tones by the time of this 70s set. The group also features Takashi Mizuhashi on bass – and titles include “Invader 7”, “Albatross”, “Monday Samba”, and “Sleepy’s Funk”..
- Record Company – Sony Music Direct (Japan) Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright ℗ – Sony Music Direct (Japan) Inc.
- Copyright © – Sony Music Direct (Japan) Inc.
- Manufactured By – Sony Music Direct (Japan) Inc.
- Recorded At – Epicurus Studio
- Art Direction – Ben Nishizawa
- Bass – Takashi Mizuhashi
- Drums – George Kawaguchi
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Yoshihiko Kannari
- Piano, Electric Piano – Hideo Ichikawa
- Producer – Takeshi Fujii
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Hidehiko Matsumoto
Listen to high quality music at https://audiophilemusic.io where you can enjoy music and buy your favorite album.