Hidehiko Matsumoto Quartet – Sleepy released by Three Blind Mice. Album recorded in 1976 and it was DSD mastering from the original analogue master tapes. This record, made in 1976 in a one-horn quartet setting, showcases Matsumoto’s brilliant playing on both tenor saxophone and flute. He is a true master of both instruments and it is a great pleasure to hear him beautifully recorded by the people of Three Blind Mice. A masterpiece, with great sound.
Hidehiko “Sleepy” Matsumoto (1926 – 2000) was one of the best jazz sax players in Japan. His nickname was given by an American soldier when he was playing in a US military camp after the war. A true giant on tenor and flute, his contributions to the jazz industry of Japan were many and recognized by many awards and honors.
- Record Company – Sony Music Direct (Japan) Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright ℗ – Sony Music Direct (Japan) Inc.
- Copyright © – Sony Music Direct (Japan) Inc.
- Manufactured By – Sony Music Direct (Japan) Inc.
- Recorded At – Epicurus Studio
- Art Direction – Ben Nishizawa
- Bass – Nobuyoshi Ino
- Drums – Motohiko Hino
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Yoshihiko Kannari
- Piano, Electric Piano – Hideo Ichikawa
- Producer – Takeshi Fujii
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Hidehiko Matsumoto
Listen to high quality music at https://audiophilemusic.io where you can enjoy music and buy your favorite album.